Around 1 in 3 Australians are vitamin D deficient, with around 4% being severely deficient. In this presentation, Dr Christian Girgis, Staff Specialist Endocrinology at Westmead and Royal North Shore Hospitals and Senior Lecturer at Sydney Medical School, the University of Sydney, uses relevant studies and data to discuss the importance of vitamin D on musculoskeletal health, effects of vitamin D deficiency on high risk groups, the relationship between chronic diseases and vitamin D, as well as various vitamin D treatments.
- Understand the role of vitamin D in the human body
- Recognise patients at risk for vitamin D deficiency
- Know the effects of vitamin D deficiency on both children and adults
- Optimally use and interpret serum vitamin D testing
- Determine the optimal vitamin D therapy required to treat vitamin D deficiency in adults
- Review case scenarios and become competent in providing effective patient education
Video Lecture (24 mins of CPD)
Download your Handbook here
Test your learning!