Most instances of childhood urinary incontinence resolve in time, but a small percentage can be carried into adulthood if not treated. This presentation will outline effective assessment and management of these cases, focusing on overcoming common barriers to treatment.
- Identify the different types of incontinence, and how treatment can be tailored to these types
- Understand the factors contributing to incontinence and how these can be determined
- Outline the behavioural and pharmacological treatments for incontinence
- Assess common barriers to effective treatment
- Identify psychological comorbidities
Urinary Incontinence in Children (29 mins of CPD)
Test your learning!