Diabetic foot is a major cause of morbidity and mortality in Australians, as well as a burden on the Australian health system. Following the principles of Diabetic Foot Australia, this presentation outlines best principles of management for this condition in order to end preventable amputations and other complications.
- Understand the definition of diabetic foot and the range of conditions that this term covers, as well as associated conditions
- Outline the key elements of diabetic foot prevention
- Identify effective treatment of at-risk patients showing early symptoms such ad pre-ulcerative signs and foot deformity
- Determine guidelines for management in primary care, involvement of specialists and referral to expert services
- Outline effective care of wounds, ulcers, abscesses and infections
The Diabetic Foot (30 mins of CPD)
Test your learning!