This talk will focus on the evidence-base behind the importance of access to green space (or nature play) and how it is thought to improve the trajectory of the growing brain. Dr Rachel Sharman will highlight evidence from Australia and abroad that demonstrates that by over-sanitising early play experiences, we have done our children more harm than good.
- Understand the way in which the developing brain wires itself to the environment in which it finds itself
- Learn how access to play in green space improves physical and cognitive development
- Overview of evidence from Australia and abroad regarding over-sanitising early play experiences and the impact on well-being
- Understand the importance of unstructured play with the full potential for both risk and reward in social-emotional development
- Gain practical strategies to encourage nature play
Should we be Prescribing Green Space? (21 mins of CPD)
Test your learning!