Paracetamol is one of the most frequently recommended medications and yet dosage is often incorrectly calculated by both carers and health professionals. Rose will describe how current understandings of paracetamol absorption and metabolism mean that dosage should be by weight. She will unpack common issues that lead to increased risk of under and over dosing.
- Discover the current use patterns for treating pain and fever in children
- Understand Paracetamol in pharmacology and toxicology
- Identify the various formulations available
- Understand the controversies surrounding Paracetamol dosing; age versus weight-based doses, and using ibuprofen as an alternative or in combination
- Recognise the common errors often made by parents and carers
Video Lecture (27 mins of CPD)
Test your learning!