In this session you will learn about the lifestyle treatment of depression, including the latest data on how unhealthy foods contribute to the risks of depression and emerging good quality evidence on how healthy eating and supplements can influence mental health outcomes.
- Outline changes in diet quality in the developed world and how this has changed over time
- Understand the latest research on dietary factors as a contributor to the burden of disease and the impact of healthy eating patterns on mental health and depression
- Understand the influence of diet and impact on mental health outcomes at different stages of life
- An overview of how maternal eating patterns influence depressive symptoms in children
- An overview of interventional studies and how they can guide us
- A look at the latest date on supplements and which ones look to be most useful
Nutritional and Nutraceutical Approaches For Depression (21 mins of CPD)
Test your learning!