This brief presentation will answer common questions about major depressive disorder, focusing on what evidence-based first line treatment for MDD may look like, antidepressant options and comparative effectiveness, what HCP's can do when the patient does not get better and lastly, the evidence-based strategies available when first-line antidepressant therapy fails.
- MDD as a critical public health problem
- Understand what evidence-based first line treatment for MDD looks like
- Do antidepressants work and are some antidepressants better than others?
- What can HCP's do when the patient does not get better?
- How to arrive at the best outcome for depressed patients?
Video Lecture (30 mins of CPD)
Test Your Learning!