Up to 90 per cent of Australians use their inhalers incorrectly. In this presentation, Respiratory and Sleep Physician Professor Hubertus Jersmann discusses the most common ways inhalers are incorrectly used, as well as how to correctly use them to best manage asthma and COPD.
- Understand the three most common errors in inhaler use
- Understand the underlying reasons which lead to error use
- Outline the different types of inhalers and the correct use for each
- Discuss the importance of patient education on the correct inhaler use
- Realise how nurses can assist in better managing asthma and COPD
Inhaler Devices - Common User Errors (30 mins of CPD)
Test your learning!