Faecal incontinence refers to the inability to defer defaecation to an appropriate time and place. In this presentation, colorectal surgeon Dr John Lumley discusses the risk factors for faecal incontinence, assessment, management and treatment.
- Understand the factors for incontinence
- Understand how risk factors can lead to faecal incontinence
- Outline what imaging is required and how to assess for faecal incontinence
- Discuss what treatment patients can expect including possible surgeries
- Realise how nurses can provide clinical support and reassurance to improve patients' quality of life
Faecal Incontinence (29 mins of CPD)
Test your learning