This presentation brings together a ‘brains-trust’ in the management of menopause. This expert panel is facilitated by well-known sexual health physician Dr Terri Foran and features Endocrinologist and President of the Australasian Menopause Society Dr Sonia Davison, Head of Royal North Shore’s Menopause and Menstrual Disorders Clinic, Prof Rod Baber, and GP Dr Sara Whitburn. Their panel discussion centres on a series of hypothetical patients, with each panellist offering practical strategies for treatment based on current available evidence and drawing on their considerable personal and professional experience.
- The evolution of menopause management over the past 70 years
- Breast cancer risk: an in-depth analysis of the August 2019 Lancet meta-analysis and its implications
- Age and treatment duration – the latest recommendation
- Testosterone and its place in modern menopause management
- Synthetic versus body-identical treatments
- An exploration of several treatment options in variety of scenarios including migraine, VTE risk, endometriosis, early menopause, heavy menstrual bleeding, and cognitive and vulvovaginal symptoms.
Expert Panel: Menopause Management Past, Present and Future
Test your learning!