In this evidence based presentation, A/Prof Deborah Bateson addresses the new guidance on Etonogestrel (ENG) implant placement, the introduction of a new PBS-listed LARC and an update in contraception methods for specific population groups such as: overweight and obese, post abortion contraception, trans and gender diverse people and also women aged 50 and above.
- Outline the new guidance (2020 recommendation) around ENG implant placement
- Describe what factors influence IUD choice – consideration of and essential information
- Compare the differences between Kyleena and Mirena IUDs in relation to size, bleeding pattern, and hormonal side effects
- Discuss whether raised BMI can affect contraceptive effectiveness
- Discuss contraceptive options in women 50+, when to consider switching or extending a particular method
Contraception Update (22 mins of CPD)
Test your learning!