Throughout life, vitamin D plays an important role in skeletal and possibly extra-skeletal health. This talk will highlight the dietary requirements not only of vitamin D, but other important dietary factors to ensure optimal bone health in childhood and adult life. McGrice wil cover how to meet dietary requirements for vitamin D with food, how to meet dietary requirements for iron with food, foods that inhibit iron absorption, life stages that require increases in vitamin D, iron and iodine and the top food sources of iodine.
- Know the adequate Vitamin D intake requirements based on age group
- Know how much Vitamin D intake is possible from different sources, including from the sun and supplements
- Understand the difference between Vitamin D2 and D3
- Know which foods are high in Vitamin D in each major food category
- Review case studies to be able to develop a meal plan that meets the required Vitamin D intake
Video Lecture (45 mins of CPD)
Download your Handbook here
Test your learning!