Anxiety disorders are common in children, and are both underestimated and under treated. In this presentation Dr Chris Wever provides valuable insight into how health care professionals can identify when intervention is necessary, as well as which treatment options are effective in specific cases.
- Understand how common anxiety disorder is and why it’s important
- Understand the neurobiological underpinnings of anxiety disorders, and how this shapes the way they present
- Describe how anxiety changes with development and the factors that contribute to the development of an anxiety disorder
- Discussing with patients and their families on implementing a management plan, including a systems approach to management
- Identify strategies and treatment for anxiety
Anxiety Disorders in Children & Adolescents (45 mins of CPD)
Test your learning!