Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia (A&AA) is a charitable, not-for-profit organisation. Their mission is to listen, guide and educate Australians living with allergic disease.
Expert: Dr Maria Said
Dr Maria Said has been a member of the Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia (A&AA) since 1993. Dr Said is an associate member of the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) and holds a position on several working parties. She is Co-Chair of the National Allergy Strategy which was launched in Sydney in August 2015. Dr Said is a member of the International Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Alliance Committee and a committee member of the European Academy of Clinical Immunology and Allergy Patient Organisation Committee.
Dr Maria Said presents the framework for the National Allergy Strategy, an effective and coordinated approach to help guide optimal care of allergic diseases in the nation. This presentation provides information on teens and what they want in relation to the management of their allergic diseases, the impact of allergies on quality of life, fatalities, transitioning to adult services and briefly about the resources available to health professionals about allergies and anaphylaxis.
- Understand the role of the National Allergy Strategy
- Understand what young people with severe allergies anticipate and desire in relation to treatment
- Identify the challenges associated with food allergies in young people
- Describe the triggers of fatalities in teens and young adults
- Outline appropriate assessment and management plans for young people with allergies
Teenagers and Anaphylaxis — The Psychosocial Dimension (24 mins of CPD)
Test your Learning!